Thursday, March 11, 2010

Magic at Lovejoy's Tea Room

These sisters are cursed in love but gifted with magic and an inseparable bond. Here you catch them in the middle of their usual mix of afternoon tea, spells and witchcraft.





Muna and Gillian are the owners of the truly special Lovejoy's Tea Room in Noe Valley. This tea room is filled with so many precious treasures and antiques that add to the already warm and cozy feeling you get from all the sweet and hospitable people who help run Lovejoy's. 

Gillian was awesome in trusting my vision and immediately convincing Muna to hop on board the San Frantastico Project. Muna was who I worked with a lot for the planning of the photoshoot.  All I can say is that it was such a delight meeting these women. Muna was so accommodating and thoughtful! I never left Lovejoy's on an empty stomach. I was always treated to their aromatic teas (I love the Chestnut Tea, I had to get a bag for myself to drink at home) and their delectable sandwiches, fresh fruits, crumpets and scones (Oh, their scones with devon cream are yum-O!). 

Moving on to another pair of must-meet women, I must share more about my models. Catherine (left) and Ronia (right) are real sisters, who really practice witchcraft...the good kind. They were such troopers agreeing to pose for me with such short notice and bringing in all their own personal trinkets, ingredients, potions and yes broomsticks! If you look closely, you'll see a lightning bolt on one of the broomsticks-- the Nimbus 2000. How cool is that? It was so pleasant working with them, such a relaxed shoot!

This photo is proof that when everyone comes together and commits to a shared vision, things can really happen:) I love photography for making me discover new things about this fantastic city everyday.


To all the beautiful women who made all this possible, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

For more info see the links below:) 

1 comment: